We all went out to dinner at the Golden Corral when J got home. It was crowded, but we got in and had good food. We lost Steve for a bit - I helped him find some mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and fried chicken, but then I went to get something else for me, and he couldn't find his way back to our table, so he chose another family to sit with. The guy at that table noticed us looking all around for him, and we brought him back with us.
We only have one guest bed, so Grandma and Steve stayed at Betty and Blake's condo. Mom and Dad told them to be ready by 8 am, so at 7:40 they roused us with a phone call saying they were ready to go. Dad did tell them not to change their watches, not wanting to create extra confusion, and obviously they were obedient. So, they're off. It seems like a lot of house-cleaning for just a few hours of visiting. But now we have a clean house, so it's all good. It's all ready for anybody else that wants to come visit :).
Anyway, they talked about other family members blogging, so I thought I'd give it a try. J wasn't too motivated, but he helped come up with the title. He may post too - who knows. He has a sore shoulder from shotgun shooting yesterday (while I was cleaning) - he got NRA certified to teach rifle and shotgun courses. He is eating homemade salsa and chips for breakfast, I see. I am eating hot chocolate and an English muffin with raspberry jam.
We have stake conference today, so we are enjoying the lack extra meetings. We may even take a drive up to Zion to see the fall leaves. Or we may veg here at home playing with pictures on the Google program Picasa.
So, that's it so far. The gerbils are happy, so I guess all's well with the world.

No comments:
Post a Comment